A homeowner in Studio City had a problem with their garage door spring and called Fixxed Garage Doors for help. They were in a hurry when the spring broke just before they had to leave for work. We came quickly, knowing that it was an emergency and their safety was at risk. We found an unevenly hung garage door when we got there. As we checked the springs, we saw one broken from constant use.
After further inspection, we noticed some signs of wear on the second spring. We suggested changing both of them to avoid any problems. We ran the door for a few tests after installing new, more durable torsion springs. Finally, the garage door was back to working properly, which put the client at ease. They thanked us for our prompt response and effective, long-lasting fix.
To keep garage doors safe and working well, garage door springs are very important. Because they balance the door’s weight, it opens and closes easily. Without these springs, the door’s weight would strain the opener and other parts more. As a result, it would make it harder or even dangerous to open and close by hand. A broken spring can make the door move unevenly and cause other parts to wear out faster. If you ignore these springs, you may face garage door accidents and endanger people. That shows how important it is to keep them in good shape and fix them when they break.
It is important to maintain your garage door springs for safety and longevity. Here is a proper way to take care of your garage door springs:
• Regular Checks: Look at the garage door springs every so often for damage, rust, or signs of wear. Examine the door when it is in an open or closed position. Check to see if gaps are even and whether the spring is slack.
• Lubrication: Use a silicone-based lube to apply on the springs around every six months. It cuts down on wear and pressure, which makes the springs last longer.
• Check for Balance: To see if your garage door is in the right balance, disconnect the opener and lift the door by hand. It should stay open about three to four feet above the ground and lift easily. If it does not, you might need to fix or replace the springs.
• Keep Hardware Tight: A garage door’s hardware can come loose after some time. Check and fix all the bolts and screws from time to time, especially those that connect to the spring system.
• Avoid Manual Adjustment: If you think the springs are out of place or unbalanced, you should not attempt fixing them yourself. Incorrect changes could harm you or cause further damage to the door.
• Get professional help: Garage door springs are very tight and can be dangerous to handle on your own. If there are any signs of damage or if they need to be replaced, it is best to call a garage door repair professional.
• Protect from Corrosion: If you live in a place with a lot of humidity or salty air, give the springs a small coat of protective lube to keep them from rusting.
If you follow this guide, you can keep your garage door springs in great shape, extend their life, and ensure your garage door works safely.
Is your garage door struggling to open, or does it seem off-balance? Say goodbye to the inconvenience with Fixxed Garage Doors! Whether it is a door that will not open, irregular movement or the alarming sound of a broken spring, such troubles suggest urgent help.
If you live in Studio City, we are your trusted experts at overhead door spring replacement and other issues. Improve your garage door safety without worrying about garage door spring replacement cost and warranty. Do not let a broken spring disrupt your day. Take advantage of our excellent support and expertise. Call us at Fixxed Garage Doors for superior quality and installation.
Need garage door spring replacement in Studio City, CA? Fixxed Garage...
Seeking expert garage door track replacement in Burbank, CA? Fixxed Garage...
Garage door cable trouble in Burbank, CA? Don't worry! Call Fixxed...