Fixxed Garage Doors had a garage door repair project in North Hollywood, CA. The homeowner called for emergency garage door repair service since their garage door opener chain broke. We responded to their request for garage door repair North Hollywood quickly as the homeowner was looking for a residential garage door repair company. We were able to make the repairs quickly so that the homeowner could use their garage door again.
Garage door openers can be driven by chain, belt, and screw. The chain-driven garage door opener is very sturdy and rarely breaks. There might be possibilities that the cable will break if you use a chain combined with a cable drive system. You may solve this issue by replacing the cable. Typically, the cable will break with too much tension during installation and lack of maintenance, making it rusty.
What are the causes of a loose chain?
There are several causes of a chain being loose, and one condition is when the gear and sprocket might appear to be broken. The cause of their failure to function can be from too much tension on the chain during installation. Another cause might be climate changes and wear and tear over the years.
The sprocket assembly and gear are both inside the garage door opener motor cover, which an expert garage door service repairman can easily handle by replacing the components. After installation of the new sprocket and gear, the travel limits and force limits must be reset.
Note that removal of the cover exposes the parts that can be damaged if you are not an expert on this. Consider the manufacturer’s warranty, so ensure that a professional garage door repair technician does the job within the warranty period. You might spend a reasonable amount to cover the labor and new parts, so you have to be ready with the budget.
Another typical cause for a loose chain is when the front sprocket breaks. Located at the end of the opener rail closest to the garage door opening, the front sprocket is wrapped around by the chain and the gear and sprocket at the motor. If you are not sure to diagnose the issue on your own, always seek the recommendation of a residential garage door service technician.
How to determine if you need a new garage door opener
If you can examine your garage door, there are numerous indications of a worn-down garage door opener which may lead you to decide to have it replaced. These are the typical signs you might want to consider:
• Too noisy - As the years go by, the opener motor will have difficulty pulling the same garage door open due to wear and tear. Once you notice more noise is being made by the opener than the usual such as clanking, creaking, or squeaking sounds, then you might want to consider seeking the help of an expert.
• Slow movement speed - Slow movements might be caused by a lot of various garage door parts. Never expect any garage door to speed up extremely since that would pose a danger for people around it. However, once you observe your door and realize it takes much longer to move up and close than normal, it can be a warning that there is trouble with your opener lifting the door weight thus, leading to replacement.
• Door Won’t Open - If you’re not careful, the door could freeze to the ground in winter. Garage doors that won’t open might involve many parts to think about. If you push the button of your remote control and hear the garage door motor trying hard to operate but seeing the door not moving, that is a sign of a problem with the opener. Changing the batteries of the remote might help solve the issue, but if not, then check the power to the opener, or this might indicate a new replacement opener.
• Reliability issue - There are times your open might be inconsistent in functioning properly. There may be random times it would stop working or require a few minutes before it starts up once more. There might be an indication that the opener is overheating from a low-yield or old motor. If you have a hectic schedule, you should not have to deal with this problem in stopping and starting. Replacing your opener will solve this issue immediately.
• Outdated technology - There are many new qualities of garage door openers introduced by current technology, which would make life easier. New exciting features such as ultra-quiet operation, backup batteries, remote operation, security enhancements, and outdoor keypads can make old openers a thing of the past. These new features can be convenient to homeowners as well as commercial establishments. Make sure that when you purchase a garage door to be installed at home, review the features offered in the market that you need exactly for your lifestyle and modern house.
At Fixxed Garage Doors, we have been in the business of replacing and repairing garage door openers for many years throughout North Hollywood. Services include repair of damaged panels, tracks, garage door lockouts, broken extension and torsion springs, broken pulleys, motor/operator repairs, and installation of loose or broken cables, service keypads and remote, new doors (any size and color). We also fix rollers, locks and lock bars, Request a free estimate for your needed residential garage door repair service or new garage door opener installation and discover how awesome it is to have highly trained experts come to assist you at home. Call now at (323) 364-6764 for a free quote so you are aware of what you will be paying for when you need our garage door repair service.
Need help with a noisy, slow garage door? Fixxed Garage Doors...
Looking for affordable garage door spring service in Burbank, CA? Look...
Looking for affordable garage door replacement service? Fixxed Garage Doors serves...